Ryuksung Pavilion built in the period of the feudal Joson dynasty (1392-1910) is located in the township of Nyongbyon County, North Phyongan Province.
Historical book Nyongbyonupji records that the pavilion was built in the summer of 1728 after digging a pond in the autumn of 1727 and was remodelled in 1764.
Its name originated from the fact that one could see and hear six sceneries and sounds, that is, enjoying the moonrise over Moran Hill and the sunset over Nam Hill, and hearing the beautiful melody of a Korean flute from Yaksandongdae, and the sound of honing martial arts from a training ground, etc.
The pavilion was built on a stone embankment in the centre of a pouch-shaped pool. Simple as it is as against other pavilions, it has many changes in its appearance. It preserves its feature as a building with a gabled roof. It is decorated with red and blue paintings.
Today, the pavilion serves as a cultural resort for the working people.